Application and Grant Details
Deadline: January 31, 2021
The American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) is pleased to offer Resident “Travel” Grants to the ACRO Virtual Annual Meeting, February 24-27, 2021.
The ACRO Resident Committee is acutely aware of the benefit that monetary support for travel to large national meetings can provide. Therefore, the committee is offering funding to medical students and resident members of ACRO, currently in good standing at training programs in the United States. Travel grants will be preferentially awarded to students or residents with abstract submissions to the annual meeting, who do not have departmental support for travel to meetings. The committee will review applications, and offer up to 65 travel grants to eligible applicants attending the 2021 ACRO Annual Meeting.
Travel Grant Details
- ACRO will provide up to 65 $50 “travel” grants for trainees to the ACRO Virtual Annual Meeting to cover the cost of registration.
- Expenses exceeding the grant funds will be the responsibility of the recipient.
- Recipients must make all arrangements to attend the meeting.
- Final acceptance and disbursement of funds is subject to review and final approval by ACRO Resident Committee and Scientific Program Committee.
- Failure to comply with program requirements may be subject to award revocation at the discretion of the ACRO Board of Chancellors and ACRO Resident Committee.
- ACRO Membership: Applicants must be members of ACRO and in good standing at a US medical school, radiation oncology residency or fellowship program.
- Submission Requirements: All submissions must include the following:
- Application Form (below)
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- Applicant’s Abstract Submission for ACRO Annual Meeting (if applicable)
- Letter of Support from Radiation Oncology chairman or program director
- Submission deadline: All submissions must be submitted via the ACRO website no later than January 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
- Submissions will be assessed and “travel” grants will be awarded by members of the ACRO Resident Committee with input from the Board of Chancellors and Scientific Program Committee, as needed.
- Our industry sponsors have no role in the candidate selection process.
- Letter of support: The program chairman or program director should indicate if the trainee has any level of departmental financial support for travel to the annual meeting, and if an abstract submission warrants the applicant department funding. Specifically, this letter must also indicate that the department supports and approves time away to attend the 2021 ACRO Virtual Annual Meeting.
- Travel confirmation: Confirmation of meeting registration must be provided to ACRO at least two weeks prior to the annual meeting