Thank you for your interest in the accreditation program of the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO). We’re excited for your organization to potentially join the nearly 300 practices currently accredited or in process of accreditation through ACRO!
Did you know?
- ACRO Accreditation is the only U.S. radiation oncology accrediting body to achieve ISO 9001:2015 Certification!
- We recently joined the Radiosurgery Society® (RSS) in offering a new Distinction in Stereotactic Radiotherapy. This program, available to practices accrediting through ACRO, is the only review specifically developed to evaluate the quality of SRS/SBRT treatment modalities.
- ACRO offers the choice between a three-year and four-year accreditation term, with equivalent pricing.
- We are pleased to offer a new 100% virtual accreditation process, designed to keep your practice safe while maintaining our high standards.
As part of its mission, ACRO developed a practice accreditation program in 1995, consisting of practice standards for radiation oncology. Accreditation is a voluntary process in which professional peers identify standards indicative of a quality practice, and an audit is conducted to assure that these standards are followed. Since its establishment, the accreditation program has undergone periodic revisions to reflect clinical and scientific advances within the field, providing for the safe and effective practice of radiation therapy. The most recent in-depth review carried out in 2010 resulted in major changes to the process by introducing online case submissions by each practice with online review by disease site specific team members, and a quicker turnaround time for the full accreditation process, including onsite visits by physics and administrative surveyors.
Ready to apply for ACRO Accreditation (or re-accreditation)? CLICK HERE to begin the process!
- ACRO Accreditation recently conducted a study comparing onsite chart reviews to online chart reviews by a radiation oncologist. Read the full article here.
- Learn more about the ACRO accreditation program through our online movie.
- We’ve also put together an overview of ACRO Accreditation with Medical Director, Jaroslaw Hepel, MD, FACRO. Click here to watch the presentation.
For additional information about ACRO accreditation and/or inquiries regarding eligibility to provide care for VA beneficiaries, please contact Valerie Guth at email@example.com or 206-956-3642.
Please note: If an application is cancelled by the practice after payment, a refund of up to 25% of the fee will be considered based on the reason(s) for cancellation and the work already completed by ACRO Accreditation. Refunds are not guaranteed.